Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Position

I feel that I need to clarify my position on Islam and the school of thought I subscribe to. This way the reader would be able to read my posts with more clarity. I am sure I shall receive many criticisms from people who oppose change and from those who oppose Islam.

I am not an apologist. Many so called "Moderate" Muslims think they need to apologize or mold their religion to fit Western values. I definitely, will not apologize for something I believe to be God sent to please a man made civilization (Western Civilization). With that said, however, I surely don't subscribe to old school fundamental Islam where you are taught NOT to dare question but to accept anything you are told. I am referring to such teachings as Wahabism.

I am also a non Shii' non Sunni Muslim. When the Quran was revealed to man, there was no such thing and therefore, it is not a part of Islam no matter what someone might tell you.

No comments: